Identify. We have identify 3 major component that we will use to built old mobile phone which are Geeetech SIM900, LCD and Keypad.
We will use the libraries that has been made by other hobbyist, makers, community and whoever contribute to these libraries. Thanks to them for their great contribution, we can now use the library.
There are so many library out there for sim900 GSM Shield. I would like to use or try out this one below.
SIM900 library: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0droh9loxgwvxtc/GSM-GPRS-GPS-Shield-GSMSHIELD.zip?dl=0
or you may download from http://code.google.com/p/gsm-shield-arduino/
Keypad library: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k91f86mozkpaovi/keypad.zip?dl=0
or you can refer to arduino.cc keypad library
LCD library: Should be already available or pre-install with Arduino software.
Document for SIM900:
At command: SIM900_AT Command Manual_V1.11 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ujoipm5kueoa0kc/SIM900_AT%20Command%20Manual_V1.11.pdf?dl=0
or sim900 website for all related document - http://media.micel.ee/?dir=simcom/SIM900
Installing the library:
1) Download all the library into you computer. For example, all the library has been download into my computer like below:
2) Extract each archive to separate folder.
3) Make sure the extracted file is only 1 layer and not 2 layer : D What i mean with that : D
2 layer - You notice that GSM-GPRS-GPS-Shield-GSMSHIELD is repeated twice. We don't want this.
1 layer - You notice that GSM-GPRS-GPS-Shield-GSMSHIELD is not repeated twice.
4) Copy this 1 layer file
5) Then paste it into Arduino\libraries . For example picture below show my directory.
6) Done. Feel free to comment if you see any major fault or anything you did not understand or anything that you want me to edit or add up something. Just comment it below. See you soon on next tutorial. Done preparing for arduino library : D Hopefully we can start sent a text message in next tutorial : D